Banish bobbles and purge pills with these nifty knitwear tricks
- Lay your jumper on a flat surface and glide a single blade razor down it, following its contours. Go lightly and carefully to remove the bobbles (also known as ‘pills’).
- The blog, A Thrifty Mrs (athriftymrs.com) recommends velcro rollers as a less risky alternative. Pull the area taut and roll them outwards and upwards.
- Or try rubbing a foot pumice stone down your jumper in a similar way.
- Mechanised de-bobblers are also available – the Philips Fabric Shaver (John Lewis, £9.95) rates highly in reviews.
AND TO PREVENT THE PILL:
- Pull on your favourite pullovers less frequently, leaving at least 24 hours between wears.
- Brush down regularly with a lint roller.
- When washing, turn the knitwear inside out, wash on a gentle cycle and allow to dry naturally to keep them jumpering for joy.