Honey & mustard glazed ham
Serves 8 - 10
7-8kg cooked and cured leg ham
For the glaze:
100g brown sugar
50g Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚fan), 390˚F, gas 6
2. Use fingers to carefully remove the skin from the ham and score a diamond-cross pattern across the fat, about 5mm deep.
3. Place the ham in a large baking dish, lined with 2 layers of non-stick baking paper.
4. Stud the centres of each diamond with a clove.
5. To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat over a low heat for 15 mins, or until the sugar has dissolved and mixture thickens.
6. Brush 1/3 of the glaze over the ham and bake for 35-45 minutes, brushing with extra glaze every 15 minutes, until golden and caramelised.
7. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe was first published in The Simple Things Christmas 2013 issue - buy back issues here.