Style up shop-bought stuffing for an extra special side dish this Christmas
1. Heat 10g butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan.
2. Add 1 chopped onion and stir until softened.
3. Add 150ml chicken stock and bring to the boil.
4. Remove from heat and add to stuffing mixture.
5. Stir in 2 tbsp chopped parsley, 2 tsp thyme, 2 tsp rosemary.
6. Spread the mixture into a shallow, greased pan and cook for 20 mins covered with foil, a further 10 uncovered.
The December issue features a cracker of a Miscellany Christmas special (page 99), packed with puzzles, games, stocking fillers, bad jokes, amazing facts and forgotten wisdom, including:
- Mix a great martini
- Secret Santa gifts
- Make sweet frumenty
- Christmas i-spy
- How to carve turkey
- Fizzy amaretto sours
- Make invisible ink
- Froebel stars
- Wrapping awkward gifts
- Beat the family at games
- The Simple Things’ sprouts & crackers board game
- Identifier: Bestseller toys
- Bah humbug word search