Use the seasonal urge to clean as an opportunity to try living with a little less. Here’s why...
- Empty space draws natural light into a room and makes the objects you do have come to life.
- Big isn’t always better. For example, a more compact fridge means less food waste and a more spacious kitchen.
- You’ll save time tidying, cleaning and looking for things simply by having less stuff.
- It’s more wasteful to hold onto things that you don’t use than it is to get rid of them.
- Throwing things overboard is the best way to stay afloat.
- If it's your wardrobe that needs simplifying, see our feature on page 114 of March’s The Simple Things.