On the Dungeness headland in Kent, this Victorian guard's carriage was nothing special when the clever couple got their hands on it. Now a comfortable holiday home with two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and bathroom squeezed within a small footprint, the carriage is decorated with a predominantly white scheme, but with Keith and Mark's colourful, midcentury style.
Want to get the look? Our top six picks will add instant, elegant style to your home.
Clockwise from top left:
1. A Mini Moderns Pavilion cushion features throughout the couple's holiday home. Pavilion cushion, £35
2. Scour Etsy for classic Bakelite kitchenalia, like this sleepy Bournvita mug. Planet Utopia, £24
3. Industrial lighting is a good option when space is tight; hang this braided cord lamp from a hook or wall. Baileys, £38
4. In classic 'Whitby' design, this tea towel is archetypal Mini Moderns. Whitby tea towel, £8
5. Design classics such as this Eames chair look right at home in all sorts of settings. DSR Side Chair, £223
6. The only piece of technology in Keith and Mark's living room is a portable record player. Crosley turntable, £160
For more home and interiors love, buy The Simple Things April issue now.