Given the weather, we thought we’d reshare the foolproof snowman-building piece that was included in the Miscellany section of Issue 4 – follow these simple steps and you’ll have a snowman who’ll still be making onlookers smile long after the thaw.
1. Test that your snow is ‘sticky’. Icy or fluffy snow won’t work as well.
2. Make a snowball. Roll it along the ground until it’s a snowboulder – this is your snowman’s pudgy lower body, so a three-feet diameter is good.
3. Craft a smaller boulder for the torso and hoik it into place, using a ramp if necessary.
4. Finally, the head. Pack all three sections tight, then skewer him from head down with a long stick.
5. Use carrots, pebbles etc for facial features and dress in last Christmas’s unwanted hat-and-scarf set.
If you do make a snowman (snowlady, snowdog, snowcat or anything else!), we’d love you to post your pictures onto our Facebook wall!
Have a sneaky peek at our Wishing For A Snow Day feature in Issue 5 below (if you’re on an iPad/iPhone click here):
Don’t forget, you can buy the print version of The Simple Things at good retailers around the globe, individually online or buy a subscription. For your iPad/iPhone, visit the Apple Newsstand. A digital version to read on a PC, Mac or Android device can be found on Zinio. And for Android phones and tablets, we’re also now on Google Play.
Subscribe now and get a free copy of the fabulous Decorate Workshop by Holly Becker, a book worth £25! You can subscribe online, or call call 0844 848 2852 (quote code TSTW13 – Mon-Fri 8am-9.30pm & Sat 8am-4pm). Offer ends 31/03/2013.
January sale: save up to 40% on a subscription to The Simple Things, or one of seven other brilliant Future magazines! It’s quick and easy to order online or by calling 0844 848 2852 (quote code ZC09 – Mon-Fri 8am-9.30pm & Sat 8am-4pm). Offer ends 31/01/2013.